Sunday, March 23, 2008

Faux Cloisonne?


Well, Faux Cloisonne is a technique that I had never heard of until it was the Technique Lover's Challenge a couple of weeks ago. I thought....Ugh, I don't want to spend the time learning a new technique. I'm too tired. Well, basically you stamp your image on glossy magazine pages that include the colors you want then gold emboss your image. You cut out your embossed images and put them on a darker card stock. My flowers were stamped on the front cover of the most recent Good Housekeeping magazine and the leaves were stamped on the pages that included green bushes. I used foam dots to create some depth and thought it would look even better with a stamped background.
Supplies used:
Stamps: Floral, Natural Beauty, Doodle This, Wonderful Words
Cardstock: Brushed Gold, Always Artichoke
Ink: Always Artichoke, Versamark
Other Supplies: Magazine Pages, Gold Embossing Tinsel, Gold Embossing Powder, Foam Dots, Brads

No comments: